(White Plains MD USA)
My grandson just purchased a Angler 22 ft with this 175 HP Mercury outboard. Seller hooked up a garden hose under the top cover and started engine right away and it sounded good. When he took it down to the water to run around it would not start ? He took it back home and hooked up the garden hose and it started right away ? One gut I spoke to said it was a coincidence and said it was either the Electric choke or the primer bulb ? I assume that if the water pump is not getting water that there is no sensor or any electrical wiring that senses no water pressure ? Perplexed ? If it is like a mechanical water pump then there is no electrical wiring that would prevent motor from starting ? Thanks BOB
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mercury Forum.