1987 merc crusier 4 liter

by Michelle
(Delton Michigan)

found small round cup like brass fitting on bottom of boat, after oil change started boat water coming from right hand lower side where we asome part went. is this a pressed fitting? and do we need to baware of anything before putting part back in? Michelle

Comments for 1987 merc crusier 4 liter

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 05, 2014
by: Don

I think what your looking at is what is called a freeze plug .Why it fell out is probably who ever put in didn't know what they were doing . Check to is if the hole is clear. The plug should have a dish in the middle. When holding between your fingers it should it looked like a little cup. To put it back in you need a sealer and put it around the inside of the hole .take the cap with the concave out and slip it in the hole . With 3/8" x 6"long extension and put it in the middle of the plug and tap it and pop it in .that should seal it . Good luck. Don

Click here to add your own comments