1993 evinrude 8 HP 2 stroke

by Gary
(Warsaw, IN USA)

I was operating at WOT across a lake for about 20 minutes and motor was running fine. All of the sudden it died like the kill switch was pressed. Would not restart at all. I later checked the plugs which were fine but when I tested for spark neither plug was getting spark. I disconnected the kill switch wire and still no spark. I tested the coils with a meter and they were both in range. Since there is no battery in this system, I am not sure how to test the remaining power pack or other components. Since it was all of the sudden loss of spark to both cylinders, does this point more to one component than another?

Thanks

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Evinrude Forum.