Mercury 40 hp outboard keeps blowing fuse for main relay switch
The boat was purchased in 2011, so it's 7 years old. however, it's probably has less than 150 hours on it. I haven't run the motor in over a year, but the last time i did, it was fine. Now when i try to start the engine, it keeps blowing the 15a fuse for the main relay switch. I've checked the batteries, plugs and all of the wires, which look fine. Could it be the ignition switch?
it's blown 3 fuses while trying to get it started several days ago. any suggestions you may have or information is greatly appreciated.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Mercury Forum.